We’re very glad that from this coming Sunday (27th September) we shall be taking our first small steps towards meeting together again. It will all be rather different, what with needing to take necessary precautions, but nonetheless we are very pleased that we can begin to meet again. Here are our 10 Covid Commandments which will apply for the time being:
1. If you have any of the key Covid-19 symptoms (new persistent cough, high temperature, loss of taste or smell) please do not come to church
2. Some individuals will be more clinically vulnerable to Covid-19 than others. Those in clinically vulnerable categories should consult the latest government advice to you, and consider carefully before attending church.
3. Seating will be set out to maintain 2m distance between people from different households. This means the numbers will be limited to around 20 people (in addition to those taking part). We shall keep a small number of seats free each week for visitors.
4. For regular attenders we shall be operating an online booking system. If you are a regular, please do not turn up to church if you do not have a place booked for that week – watch the livestream instead.
5. You are required to wear a face mask in church at all times. There are a few exceptions to this including medical exemptions, those leading the service from the front, and those in the music group who are singing (and in these cases additional safeguards are in place).
6. No congregational singing is permitted, nor is any congregational verbal participation (e.g. leading in prayer from among the congregation).
7. We shall be operating a strict one way system through the church. Entry will be through the front door only (by the road), and exit will be through either the back door to the car park, or the garden door.
8. Please avoid physical contact and maintain 2m social distancing between other people at all times – being especially aware when entering, leaving, or queuing for drinks.
9. Drinks will be served after the service, but drinks will need to be consumed outside – either in the garden or the top end of the car park. Two metres social distancing will need to be maintained while you consume your drink. Disposable cups will be used and bins provided outside so that you do not need to re-enter the building before you leave.
10. You will be asked to complete a form detailing your contact details for NHS Test and Trace system. You will need to do this on each occasion that you attend. We would need to pass this information on to the NHS in the event that somebody attending church on a given day is found to have the virus. We shall destroy these records 21 days after the date of the meeting.
You can view the full Covid risk assessment here: Risk Assessment Version 1.0
Details of the booking system we are currently trialing has been sent out to regulars on our email system. If you are a regular and would like to be on this list please contact us.
If you are new to Solent, then you are welcome to turn up on the day – we are keeping some capacity available for visitors. However, if you would like to it would be a help to us if you could contact us in advance to let us know. We really do not want to have to turn anybody away, but would be required to do so if our limited capacity is exceeded. I hope we shall see you soon!